Crud was built to be scaffolding on steroids, and allow developers to have enough flexibility to use it for both
rapid prototyping and production applications, even on the same code base saving you time, and your clients money.
Why Use Crud
- Crud is very fast to install, a few minutes tops.
- Crud is very flexible and has tons of configuration options (but very sane defaults, just like CakePHP).
- Crud aims to stay out of your way, and if it happens to get in your way, you can change the undesired behavior very easily.
- Crud relies heavily on CakePHP events making it possible to override, extend, or disable almost all of Crud’s functionality either globally or for one specific action.
- Crud removes the boilerplate code from your controllers, which mean less code to maintain, and less code to spend time unit testing.
- Crud will dynamically add the actions to your controller so you don’t have to re-implement them over and over again.
- Crud allows you to hook into all stages of a request, only building the controller code needed specifically for your business logic, outsourcing all the heavy boiler-plating to Crud.
- Crud allows you to use your own views, baked or hand-crafted, in addition to adding the code needed to fulfill your application logic, using events. It is by default compatible with CakePHP’s baked views.
- Optionally there is the Crud-View plugin for automatic generation of your admin area templates.
- Crud also provides built in features for JSON API for any action you have enabled through Crud, which eliminates maintaining both a HTML frontend and a JSON and/or XML interface for your applications – saving you tons of time and having a leaner code base.
- Crud uses the truly open source MIT license, just like CakePHP.